Order from my SU website

Sunday, November 10, 2013

My version of Northern Lights technique

I saw the Northern Lights technique on splitcoaststamper and immediately knew that I had to try it and that I wanted to use the deer from Remembering Christmas.  The technique is really not difficult and I was happy with the way it turned out.  I added the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree.
Enjoy!
Missy

Stamp set: Remembering Christmas, Lovely as a tree

Paper: Smokey slate, basic grey, basic black, whisper white

Ink: Daffodil delight, old olive, tempting turquoise, rich razzleberry, night of navy, basic black, smokey slate

Other: Big shot, deco labels frame lits, bitty banners, 1/8 taffeta ribbon in basic black, white chalk marker

Notes: Using a rubbing motion, randomly apply daffodil ink onto the whisper white card stock (largest deco label), apply olive ink just below the daffodil ink, next fill in some of the white space with turquoises ink, fill in more of the white space with razzleberry ink, blend the colors as you add each one, next sponge navy ink over the top of the previous colors (this defines the shape the northern lights will take), sponge black along the bottom of the navy ink, stamp a solid image in black ink over the northern lights, add white dots with the chalk marker or white gel pen, finish the card

You can order the supplies at my SU website: Missy's SU website

No comments:

Post a Comment